Thursday, April 3, 2014

The pruning project and other fun stuff

When we heard that pruning raspberries was going to happen last week at Nathan's parents place it sounded like too much fun to miss out on.  The kids and I headed that way on Thursday evening.  I can kick myself a million times over that I didn't get any pictures of all of the kids playing together.  There were many kids at any given time running around.  These are the only two pictures that I did take.
This is only one pile of canes that was pruned.   We were wondering why we hadn't done this before.  Its much better and so fun when several people get together and get it done.  I was sore Sunday morning. 


This was my attempt to keep the mud from getting all over in my van.  I would have the kids sit in the very back with the door open and their feet hanging down.  It worked till four boys found my granola bars and tracked mud everywhere inside the van to get to them.  It was hard to not have mud everywhere though.

Another picture I wish I had taken was of Josiah and Jarom when they decided to go trouncing near Adam's pond.   The water level is very low so the mud is thick and deep.  This was the first morning we were there.  They got stuck in the mud up past their rain boots.  Oh what a mess that made and I seriously thought I was going to get stuck trying to get them out.  Luckily Sadie saved Jarom and I got Josiah.  Then I told them to stay away.  I told Adam he needed to build a mud room for his mud room (when they plant grass it won't be quite so bad).   I think they were okay to get rid of us by Sunday so they could be back to tracking their own mud in.  

We stayed at my dad's place for a few days too.  The kids loved playing on the trampoline and the wii.   Before we left yesterday morning Jarom says "I am really going to miss the wii".   It was fun to visit with my Dad and Chris.  They are such great people.  

This is a test of Elijah's ability to hold still.  He did it and then crashed it down once Sadie had it above his head.  Sadie tried it a second time but he couldn't hold still long enough.  I am impressed he did it once because this boy doesn't hold still.  



We had a fun week of visiting and seeing people and we still have a few days left of spring break.  


3 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a good time! I wish I could get in on more family projects like that!!

Joseph and Ivy Waite said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad so many people were able to tackle that project together!

Nicole said...

Many hands make light work! Sounds like a fun trip!

The Betta and The fish tank

We have had these big jars like forever and really haven't done anything with them except put change in one.  Well while Josiah was here...