Thursday, August 15, 2019

Cub scout day camp

I got to spend the week with Elijah at day camp.  He and I would take 3 other boys from our ward (congregation) each day.  Elijah got to cook, shoot BB's, use a sling shot, shoot arrows, work with wood, learn how to take the flag down, and run on the obstacle course.   I think the favorite was when the firemen came and sprayed them down after they talked to them during a lunch.  
He is such a cute kid.

I thought this was cute of all of the boys in our den.  All of them ready to cook their pizza roll.

Elijah taking on the monkey bridge.


He was so excited to shoot BB guns.


A little plane that was brought in for the kids to jump in and try.

Taking the flag down.



More cooking



Waiting to be sprayed down



The fireman getting ready to run the hose.


Yahoo! we get to get wet.

Elijah stayed front and center most of the time.  I thought it was so cute.  




Coming to give his mom a big hug.  He felt good to get wet.


Painting the plane he made the day before.




The boys doing their skit on the last day during the campfire dinner.  The second it was over we all jumped in the van and headed for Oregon.   As nearly 20 minutes of driving one the other mom's in our ward texted to say Elijah had received the best shot award in Archery.  We were bummed we left early.


No comments:

The Betta and The fish tank

We have had these big jars like forever and really haven't done anything with them except put change in one.  Well while Josiah was here...