Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Christmas


It was a very good Christmas.  I went back to my usual cinnamon roll rings instead of other random things I made the last few years.  There were a lot delivered.  



We were crazy enough to take a Sunday to drive nearly two hours away to take part of the giving machine.  It was a crazy to drive all of that way but it was also fun.  Once we got there were realized only part of us had our debit cards which means I ended up purchasing everything and they all paid me back.  It kind of defeated the purpose but we got there anyway.  




We also did our 12 days of Christmas.  The family we chose was so fun.  They have a three year old boy that loves trains so we made one for him and his parents.  It was reported back that he loved it.  A car was delivered each day.  This part of it.  

Then we were able to get some inside work pictures of him playing with the train since Sadie watched him one night after all cars were delivered.  The made it all worth the effort.






0n Christmas eve I set up the tables for breakfast the next morning.  


These people are so fun and I love them.  We missed Josiah though.





The night before Christmas....




It is legal to wake us up at 6am and they actually did get up that early.  Last year they slept longer than they ever have.  I think Elijah as more on the ball this year.




We were able to keep with tradition and had the missionaries over for breakfast Christmas morning. We were thrilled to have three sets.  They were a really fun group.  Nathan made rubber band guns for each of them.  I have lost count of how many guns we have given out over the years.  It is something fun and different that they wouldn't normally get and was fun to see them interact.  Also I know I have loved getting texts from AZ from members so I had each missionary give me their mom's number so I could do the same.  It was so fun to communicate with them.  It was also fun to talk to our own missionary. 



Elders Ballif and Parker (Spanish speaking).  They have been in the area for quite a while so its been fun to get to know them more.  


Sisters Hooley and Bassett.  These two are assigned to our ward.


Elders Wright and (?)  They are from another ward but were having trouble with their car so they asked to come along too.  

 

No comments:

The Betta and The fish tank

We have had these big jars like forever and really haven't done anything with them except put change in one.  Well while Josiah was here...