We went to a ward (congregation) in San Diego and they have an underground garage for parking. I have never seen an LDS church like that. The kids didn't want to go to their classes but we are such nice parents and made them go any way. I met several other nice people in Relief Society who were also visiting. One lady happened to be a niece of a member of our home ward it is such a small world in the church.
We drove from church directly to the San Diego temple. What a beautiful building.
Family Selfie at the temple. HA!
Sadie
I don't think we could stand the brightness of the sun, I noticed there was a lot of squinting going on in pictures. I am glad we visited the temple grounds.
We went back to the condo to eat lunch then headed to the Mormon Battalion Historic Site. This was an interesting presentation of what happened to those who joined the battalion. They were told there was a war they were going to fight in but it ended up that they befriended the people instead. A lot happened to those who traveled West to participate in the "war".
We had about an hour wait to get into the tour so we walked around old town to kill time. There were lots of cool shops but since it was Sunday the kids couldn't buy anything.
This is what the soldiers were issued before leaving for battle.
Panning for gold.
It was hard to choose which 2 pieces of pyrite to take.
Our cute little driver.















No comments:
Post a Comment