Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Suprise

Well we pulled off one of the best surprises, so far, for our boys.  Nathan will get sent to different places to work at times.  Recently he was asked to be in San Diego for a two week stint.  It didn't take us long to decide that all of us should go on this one, especially since it wasn't going to be long and he doesn't seem to travel as much anymore.  The original dates were after school let out however, dates tend to change and this time they got moved up.  We hadn't said anything to the kids at this point and planned to keep it mum especially since they would end up missing two weeks of school.  Sadie ended up needing to know so she could make up work beforehand if possible since it would effect her more than anyone.  I love that she is so good at keeping confidences/secrets  If Josiah had known he was going, his teacher wouldn't have gotten any work out of him before we departed.  He is so done with school right now. There were many times we  (Sadie and I) almost let the cat out of the bag but the boys somehow never caught on. As time got closer I was getting so excited to let the boys know.  May 20 finally came and I had us all packed up and ready to go once the kids got out of school for the day.    We were gathered in our family room and started to discuss what we were going to do that night.  Josiah and Jarom came up with a few ideas but this video tells all.  Sadie was our video guru.   It was fun to reveal the secret.   I don't think Josiah was convinced till he saw palm trees the next day.  If you watch you may want to make it big to see facial expressions.  After it was revealed both Josiah and Jarom were thinking back at accidental comments that were made about the trip.  For instance when I said to Nathan as Josiah was sitting at the table "how am I am going to find my way around in California when we go (no GPS or smartphone)".  Josiah's head jerked up and I realized what I had just said.   Nathan saved me on that one by saying he was going (which was true).   Then Sadie said at dinner one night "I am going to miss so much school work when we are gone." Neither boy paid attention to that comment and Sadie had no clue what she had said while in their presence till I mentioned it later.   I reminded the boys continuously that they will want to save their lawn mowing money and not spend it now.  Anyway it was a fun to keep it a surprise for them.  

Sadie's friends and teachers felt sorry for her that we were driving down but it wasn't too bad.   



1 comment:

Amy said...

Hilarious! That is so cute and what a great surprise!!

The Betta and The fish tank

We have had these big jars like forever and really haven't done anything with them except put change in one.  Well while Josiah was here...