We took a three day trip on the east side of the cascades. It was a fun trip with a variety of different plans. I wanted to take full advantage of everyone being home so I planned lots.
Earlier in the year we put our names in a lottery in hopes to hike through the Enchantments. None of us got it. So we decided we needed to at least do a day hike up to Colchuck lake. We did! We wanted to get up to Aasgard pass but found that it would not be possible. Too steep and wild for a day hike. It is a beautiful area and I am so thankful we did this. Sadie, Josiah and Jarom pretty much stayed way ahead of us the entire time. I am getting out hiked anymore.
We didn't get much of a chance to have camping food (except Jarom and Elijah) this year so we brought backpacking stoves and ate lunch on the way back down near the river.
We spent a bit of time in Leavenworth the next morning. Its a fun place but I can't spend more than a few hours here.
We headed from Leavenworth to Moses Lake to attend the temple open house. This is a really neat temple. It has alfalfa blooms and cherry blooms all throughout. I love being in the temple with my family. It is the best and so grateful we made the time to come see this one.
The next day we floated the Yakima River. This was the only pictures we took because neither of us wanted to loose our phones in the river. It was before we took off down the river. This was so fun and a little stressful for me at times. I am not a water person but ended up enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment