Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas 2014

Christmas has come and gone.  It is crazy!!  I really think time should go a little slower.  We have enjoyed being able to spend more time together as a family and to feel the spirit of Christmas.  I think some snow would have made it more perfect but we have somewhat come to grips that we don't get that white stuff much at all.

Several days before Christmas I was still waiting on some packages to come through the mail.  Our dog is so good at letting us know when someone is near our house so I have to intercept some of those packages or the mail person won't leave them.  

On the evening of the 12th day before Christmas our dog was going crazy so I went out to check who was there.  I felt bad because it was a family in our ward trying to be sneaky and we caught them on the first day of their run.  Then I figured I just won't let the kids know who is doing this.  However, the next night the kids went running out and caught the family leaving us a treat.  I don't like being caught when I try to do similar things so I suspect we were a great frustration to them.  I felt bad.  We have never had anyone do the 12 days of Christmas for us and it was fun to see what was coming each night.  We were spoiled.  They gave us treats every night (it was a lot) with some being given on nice glass plates.   The best item they gave was a full Nativity set.  There was one piece of the Nativity given to us each night.  I don't have a nice one yet and I  like the one we were given.  It was good for us to be the recipient of such kindness.
The Nativity that was given to us.


The following are all of my kid friendly Nativities that we have.  I like them all but it is nice to have one that isn't kid friendly.  






The kids made a manger, camel, and sheep for our live nativity that we did for our good friend who came to eat Christmas eve dinner with us.  

The kids acting our the Nativity. 


Elijah was showing off big time for Sister Arthur that night.  She absolutely loves this boy.  We made so much food that night.  It was nice to not have to bake or cook anything on Christmas day.  We have lived on leftovers for the last three days. 

Elijah had the BEST reactions when he opened his presents.  He would say "look, look, boys" grinning as wide as could be.  It was more fun watching his expressions than opening presents.
He was so excited to see these wooden train tracks.  He has had the trains but not much track.  He can built a cool track now.  



Josiah has been begging for a leather jacket for a long time and finally got one.


Nathan has been drinking out of the cup on the right for years and years.  This year I decided it was time to retire that cup.  Look at the difference!  I found a set of four.  


Jarom was happy to get a ninja turtle.  


Nathan started on this train project with Jarom four years ago and never did get it done.  About a month ago Jarom asked Nathan if he was ever going to get the train done.  Nathan was able to make the time to do it.  He was so happy he could actually make something for one of his kids this Christmas. It is a nice train set.  


This magic sand claims that it is mess free on the box.  I beg to differ with that statement.  It is weird stuff.

Sadie with her new robe.  She also made that hat with her new loom set and the puppy in her hand from yarn.  

This was a nightmare of a puzzle.  It looked like fun on the box but it was a tough one.  It is a dog in case you can't tell. 



This is how we snack on Christmas day.  There is nothing like a huge gallon size bag of ham of leftovers to tide you over till you eat another piece of candy.  

I couldn't resist getting this.  Peppermint patties are one of Nathan's favorite.  I happen to like these too.  This package had two 1/2 pound patties in it.   Yes, it was grossly big and yes tasted quite yummy.  

The kids had fun tie dying some shirts.  



No comments:

The Betta and The fish tank

We have had these big jars like forever and really haven't done anything with them except put change in one.  Well while Josiah was here...