Saturday, December 6, 2014

The smell of gingerbread

We got our tree up on Thursday and I have loved the smell of gingerbread in my house.  We made gingerbread men over a week ago to hang on our tree.   I not only like the smell but I love the looks of them on the tree.  We were able to make and decorate 99 gingerbread in one night.  I know I am not a decor guru by any means so don't look at the other stuff around but I am happy with the way the tree turned out and we have a few bigger ones on our mantel too that I enjoy smelling and looking at..

The finished product

It was messy especially when kids put their own flour on the table and dough.

The mess

I think this gingerbread man has a mace but I don't recall it being on the tree.

I don't think this one made it through the decorating process either.  

The decorating process

A huge pile of gingerbread men



Here are a few close ups of some.  I think they all are so fun and I am glad we took the time to do this.








The best part about this tree is that Elijah has come upstairs every morning so far and turns on the lights and says "I like my Christmas tree."

2 comments:

Chris Wood said...

You are a patient mother. The tree looks great !

Anonymous said...

What cute cookies! We've thought of doing this but no one can stand to not eat them all in the end. Not only are your kids very creative and artistic, they must have great self control! Heidi

The Betta and The fish tank

We have had these big jars like forever and really haven't done anything with them except put change in one.  Well while Josiah was here...