At one point there was a tradition going in Nathan's family to make donuts during the priesthood session of general conference. Once the guys were back from the meeting the donuts would get consumed by everyone. I am not sure if this turned into a continued tradition with anyone because we moved from Haines and we weren't involved anymore. I know we did it once with our own family when living in Boise but haven't made donuts since then. I remembered this idea a few weeks ago and thought we better do it. We were too full from eating a late dinner (we were having too much fun at the park) on Saturday so we made them after the first session on Sunday and then had them after dinner.
Sadie decided we had to work for them though. I love these pictures of everyone trying to eat donuts off of a string without using their hands.
Elijah decided that hands were the best way to dive into these donuts.
When I thought of this donut idea it also got me thinking of the many things my mom taught us how to make on Sunday afternoons. We tried taffy but I forgot the water so the first batch burned. The second batch ended up being dumped too. We pulled it but it didn't set up hard. We were afraid it would take out Nathan and my dental work. Sadie's braces were at risk too. It was a fun attempt though.
1 comment:
I've continued the tradition, but in a different way. I get together with a friend during Priesthood session and we make cinnamon rolls. We eat some after the session and then take the rest home for breakfast the next morning.
Post a Comment