Thursday, October 15, 2015

The best helper

Last Friday was devoted to cleaning up this mess of a garden and picking up the branches we cut off the cedar trees.  It took Elijah and I all day long to do this.  We started at nine and finished at five.  We did take a break for lunch.  Elijah is a great worker and it was fun working with him.


He insisted that he cut the corn stocks off just above the root instead of me digging them out so he could pull them out easier.  I figured either way I am going to have dig so he did it his way.  It was so funny when he would get one cut.  "booyah I got it",  "Yes I am so strong",  "Whew I got it".  I wished I had recorded his first one because he went on and on about it.



We found five more scrawny corn cobs that Elijah took into the house.  He came back several minutes later and said he husked them so we could eat them for lunch.  I asked him if he put them on the counter.  He says "no I put them on dresser and locked the door so they would be safe".  Sure enough when we came in the house to eat lunch they were locked safely in his bedroom and the other two were on our night stand.  



He was watching me saw little branches off of the bigger ones so they would fit in the trailer better.  I turned around and he was cutting one himself.  It startled me and I told him he probably better let me do it.  He said "I can do this and I won't cut my fingers."  "I will be very careful mom".  His favorite line is "I got this."  I let him try one and he is very good with the saw so he ended up cutting several while I continued to load them.  At one point he says "I am so good at this mom so I am stronger than you."

The hard work paid off.  The garden looks better and we don't have a bunch of branches littering our yard (at least for the rest of that day).  





No comments:

The Betta and The fish tank

We have had these big jars like forever and really haven't done anything with them except put change in one.  Well while Josiah was here...